Frequently Asked Questions
Fares, requirements, validity, refunds, changes.
Do you accept the UATP (Universal Air Travel Plan) card when purchasing tickets?
How can I obtain the cheapest fare?
How can I know whether my purchase is confirmed?
How many hours before the departure of a flight can I buy a ticket?
Where can I buy my tickets?
Can I make changes to the time, destination or date of my flight?
Can I get a refund for tickets already purchased?
What credit cards do you accept?
Once the purchase is made, can I change the passenger's name?
What is a benefit ticket?
Benefit tickets are issued only with authorization to customers whose flight have been guaranteed or have participated in one of the workings with Aeromar partners in which case the terms and conditions of said activities will apply.
If there is no explicit date for their use, the benefit tickets will be valid for 6 months from their authorization and are valid only on national routes operated by Aeromar, are subject to availability, are not transferable, nor negotiable.
Fares, requirements, validity, refunds, changes.
What carry-on baggage is prohibited?
What are dangerous goods?
What do I do if my baggage is damaged or lost?
What is considered carry-on baggage?
What is the maximum weight for baggage allowed?
International routes: 1 piece of baggage that does not exceed 50 lbs. (23 kg). A second suitcase will be subject to the capacity available in the cargo compartment.
Hand baggage on all flights: One may carry, in addition to the portfolio or handbag or laptop, a hand piece per passenger that does not weigh more than 22 lbs. (10 kg) and whose dimensions do not exceed 8.7” x 15” x 25.6” (22 x 38 x 65 cm).
What is the charge for excess baggage?
A fee of 116.00 pesos will be charged with Mexican National VAT included for each 2.2 lbs. (1 kg) of excess, with a limit of 44 lbs. (20 kg), additional to the allowed franchise.
A fee of USD 25 will be charged for each kilogram (2 lbs.) from 52 lbs. (24 kg) in the first piece with a maximum of up to 99 lbs. (45 kg) and USD 100.00 with taxes included for the second checked bag for the first 48 lbs. (22 kg), starting from 50 lbs. (23 kg) will be charged USD 25 for each additional 2 lbs. (1 kg) with a maximum of up to 99 lbs. (45 kg). This second suitcase will be subject to the capacity available in the baggage compartment and will be billed once the flight has been closed.
Passengers connecting from another airline should consult the policy of the original airline.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7
New security measures for electronics in carry-on baggage on flights from Mexico to the United States.
- The United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS for its initials in English) requires that as of July 19, 2017, safety measures for direct flights to the United States increase, especially the inspection of portable electronic devices larger than a cell phone or smart phone, such as: laptops, tablets, DVD's, photo and video equipment, etc.
- All Aeromar flights to the United States continue to operate normally. If you have to travel, please arrive on time for the different stages of your trip, including the check-in, the inspection at the airport inspection points and at the boarding gate. You may be subject to inspections and additional questions.
- It is commonplace that we summon our passengers to the boarding gate, so we kindly request that you do everything possible to help us allow the flight to depart on time.
- The safety of our customers and crew will always be our top priority, so we will continue to work very closely with the United States government.
- Thank you for your patience and understanding in helping us meet the additional security requirements of the United States government.
- For more information go to the following link: https://www.dhs.gov/aviation-security
How to transport them.
Can I transport my pet?
Since July 14, 2014 you can take your pet on board (dog or cat), the passenger must pay the current pet transportation charges at the time of documenting, check the requirements here: http://www.aeromar.com.mx/mascotas/
Guide dogs can accompany people with visual disabilities who require it without charge in the cabin.
For more information, call toll-free 01 800 237 66 27, in Mexico City at 51 33 11 11 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for the transportation of pets
Minors, infants, special requirements.
Do I need to advise that I require a wheelchair?
Can pregnant women travel?
Can I bring a stroller or baby seat on board the aircraft?
What is required to transport an unaccompanied minor?
From 5 years of age and up to 11 years and 11 months old; minors can travel alone without a companion, as long as the parent or guardian provides their written authorization and completes the form designed for it directly at the Aeromar counter at the airport. Paying the current administrative charge.
Young people at least 12 and under 18 years of age are considered as unaccompanied minors only at the request of the person in charge. In case of traveling without custody on the Airline and at the request of the parent or guardian, the letter of liability exemption must be signed directly at the check-in counter.
For International flights:
On these flights, custody as an unaccompanied minor is considered mandatory until the age of 18, if the minor is of Mexican nationality, he/she must fill out the SAM (form for exit from Mexican territory (formato de autorización de salida del territorio de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos)) Form of the INM (National Immigration Institute (Instituto Nacional de Migración)) that can be filled out online in the following link:
Does one have to pay a fee to transport an infant (under 2 years old)?
An infant occupying a seat will pay the available fare for that flight. If two infants travel with an adult, the second infant will pay as stipulated in the previous point.
Infants can only travel if they are 10 or more days old and with presentation a medical certificate.
Do you transport babies in incubators?
Documentation, invoices, contact.
How much time in advance should I arrive at the airport?
Can I obtain my boarding pass online?
What identification do I need for check-in and boarding?
What happens if I do not show up on the flight?
General topics about our services.
Can I use electronic devices on board?
Can I bring musical instruments on board the aircraft?
If they are bulky or if due to their nature is necessary to use a seat, you must pay full fare to transport it, as long as it does not measure more than two meters in terms of the sum of its linear dimensions, does not weigh more than 101.4 lbs. (46 kilos), it shall be placed in the seat next to the owner, who will be responsible for its care and for securing it with the belt.
Transporting of firearms
- Only sporting and hunting firearms that are unloaded shall be transported. The weapons and the cartridges must be inside a rigid container that protects them completely and that has an adequate lock, in such a way that the weapon and the cartridges cannot be accessed by the ends of the packaging, likewise the possessor must submit the corresponding permits that are required in Mexico and the United States for their carrying and transportation.
- Due to the design, weight and balance of the aircraft, Aeromar may restrict the transportation of weapons and cartridges on its flights.
- International regulations and firearms laws may vary depending on the country of destination, so the passenger must be informed regarding regulations or compliance with the laws of each country for the transportation of weapons; and for the consequences resulting from the breach of said regulations or laws.
The payment for the transporting of firearms and ammunition will be per FLIGHT and not per RESERVATION, even on flights sold in codeshare; for example:
In a reservation from MEX to TGZ via OAX, two charges will be made for firearms, one for the MEX-OAX flight and another for the OAX-TGZ flight.
To request more detailed information on procedures, as well as, prices for the transportation of firearms and ammunition for flights within the Mexican Republic, please contact our Call Center department at the following numbers:
From Mexico City: 01(55) 5133 1111
or from other locations within Mexico: 01 800 237 6627
or email us: email@example.com.
If you wish to transport firearms, you must present yourself at the Aeromar counters at least two hours before your flight to carry out the necessary procedures with Aeromar and the corresponding authorities.
The maximum number of firearms a passenger can carry per flight is two (two short weapons, or two long weapons, or one short and one long). Likewise, the maximum number of cartridges per passenger is 11 lbs. (5 kg) and the maximum amount of cartridges per flight is 55 lbs. (25 kg). Cartridges must be separated from weapons and in different packages.
If the aircraft carries the limit of 55 lbs. (25 kg) per flight, the passenger will have to change to the next flight, with reimbursement for the change charge, but the payment for the difference in fare is NOT REIMBURSED.
Can I transport flowers or flower arrangements?
- They are of such size that they fit in the overhead baggage compartments (hatboxes).
- They are wrapped or bagged so that they do not generate pollen shedding, which may cause allergies to other passengers and/or the flight crew.
If the bouquet or floral arrangement exceeds the dimensions allowed for a carry-on baggage or is not properly wrapped or bagged, it must be documented subject to applicable charges for excess baggage.
Transporting bouquets or flower arrangements on flights to or from the United States is not permitted.
Can I transport my surfboard?
- Surfboards that measure up to 7.87 feet (2.40 meters) will be accepted without conditions.
- Surfboards that measure between 7.87 feet (2.40 meters) and 9.51 feet (2.90 meters) will be accepted conditionally; the passenger must sign the liability exemption on the baggage tag and in addition the label “Subject to Space Available” will be placed on the surfboard.
- Tables that exceed 9.84 feet (3 meters) will not be accepted.
They are considered as part of the baggage allowance, which should not exceed 55 lbs. (25 kg), otherwise you would have to pay excess baggage.
What are the requirements to transport human ashes?
In case of being transported as carry-on baggage, the passenger will be responsible at all times for carrying the urn.
At the time of check in, the passenger must present the death certificate, the cremation certificate and the human ashes inside an urn for transportation, sealed and protected to prevent its possible opening.
Passengers with special requirements
When should I request assistance?
If the distance between the check in counters and the boarding gate tires you, considering that in some airports the distances between these two points is substantial.
If you require a wheelchair and/or aisle chair to enter and exit the aircraft.
If you require and are traveling with a service animal.
If you travel in large groups and if the majority have a disability or health condition.
If you require medical assistance on board the aircraft.
How far in advance should I advise regarding my request for assistance?
When should I travel with a companion?
- You cannot move on your own from your wheelchair to a seat or toilet.
- You are not able to move freely without help.
- You cannot communicate despite assistance with language.
- You cannot unbuckle and fasten the seat belt by yourself.
- You cannot take a life-jacket from its location and put it on by yourself.
The role of your companion is to assist you in case of emergency and, specifically, if evacuation of the aircraft is necessary.
If I travel with a companion, what are the requirements?
- Be of legal age, in full use of their physical and mental faculties.
- Is not occupied caring for a person with a disability or with reduced mobility at the same time as a child under 4 years of age or another person with a disability or with reduced mobility.
Does Aeromar provide companion service?
In what cases do I require a medical authorization?
- Have a contagious disease.
- Have a medical condition that, with respect to its impact, represents a risk for other passengers and the crew.
- If you need constant medical monitoring, or medications to control your health. Take into account that the Flight Crew is not authorized to apply injections.
- If your health may be threatened by the duration of the flight.
- If you require some specific rest position, taking into account the space restrictions of the ATR equipment.
- If your pregnancy is atypical or if you are more than 7 months pregnant.
- If you travel with an emotional support animal on National and International flights.
- If you travel with a Services animal on national flights.
Do I have to present medical vouchers?
- Travel in incubator.
- Need medical oxygen during the trip.
- Have a health condition that raises a reasonable doubt that you are able to complete the trip safely.
How far in advance should I arrive for check in?
Can I check-in in advance via Web Check-in?
Are my boarding and deboarding priority?
What does on-board assistance include?
- Assistance moving to and from your seat, as part of boarding and deboarding procedures.
- Assistance in provisioning of food, for example, opening packages and identifying food.
- Assistance for a semi-ambulatory person to move to and from the toilets, without carrying them.
- Assistance storing carry-on baggage.
What assistance can the Flight Crew provide?
May I bring medications on board?
Can they refrigerate medications?
Do I have to make a payment for my wheelchair?
Will my checked wheelchair be delivered to me when I get off the aircraft?
Is there any condition if my wheelchair uses batteries?
Take into account that if the batteries of your chair do not satisfy the safety requirements, this could prevent you from traveling.
For visually impaired persons what assistance do you offer on board?
On board all of our aircraft, we have Security Instructions in Braille and Macrotypes at your disposal. In case you do not understand the security instructions contained therein, you should consult the Flight Crew.
During meals, if desired, the onboard staff can describe and explain the composition of the food.
Finally, the Flight Crew will assist you moving to the toilet, but cannot provide assistance within it.
Can I travel with my Service animal?
If you are traveling on an international flight, bear in mind that most countries have very strict policies regarding the arrival of foreign animals, take all precautions to avoid delays and misunderstandings at customs. Some measures include having a passport that certifies the animal as a service animal and an official book of applied vaccines.
What are the acceptance and transport conditions of a Service animal?
- Your Service animal must respect all the sanitary requirements of the departure, arrival and/or connection countries.
- Must be clean, and wear a collar and identification on the neck. If not, you must justify its role as a Service animal.
- A muzzle is not mandatory.
- Must remain on a leash at all times.
- It should not impede the aisles.
- Its behavior must be above reproach under all circumstances.
- We will propose a seat with as much space as possible, but your Service animal will not be able to occupy a seat. Emergency exits rows are prohibited.
What are the acceptance and transport conditions for an emotional support animal?
In the absence of the required documentation, it will be treated like a pet and must travel in the baggage compartment of the aircraft, assuming the cost for the transportation of the pet and satisfying the requirements for it.
What are the assistance services for people with hearing disabilities?
Please note that in the country there are still not enough certified Mexican Sign Language interpreters to train the staff of all the airlines. Do not hesitate to inform us about your disability, no later than 48 hrs. prior to the trip, so that we can offer the necessary assistance.
Can people with intellectual disabilities travel alone?
- The path through big airports can be complex, long and exhausting.
- The security, police and customs procedures can be long, stressful and, sometimes, intrusive.
- In international airports, difficulties that the language and orientation may pose are real.
- The flight may be disturbed by turbulence and/or require unusual safety measures.
Note: for certain types of deficiencies that cause memory or orientation losses (e.g. Alzheimer's disease), the risks of not following the crew's instructions are real: for example, deboarding without waiting for the expected assistance; which can have serious consequences (the person can get lost inside or outside the terminal, using inappropriate means of transport, locating difficulties, etc.)
If the person who is going to travel might be in this situation, we recommend that they travel accompanied.
What are the requirements for people with intellectual disabilities?
Assistance to people with intellectual disabilities does not include:
- Help eating or taking medications
- Assistance in the toilets
- Any other assistance of a personal nature
Therefore, it is necessary to make sure that the person traveling alone satisfies all of the conditions necessary to travel by aircraft, without outside assistance. Otherwise, to avoid difficulties on board, we recommend that people with intellectual disabilities travel accompanied.
Which respiratory devices are allowed on board?
According to CO SA-09.2/13 authorized POCs are equipment certified for use in aviation according to the standards of the Radio Technical Commission for Aeronautics, (RTCA for its acronym in English), the models on the market can be found at the following web address for quick reference:
Passengers who require one may carry a Portable Oxygen Concentrator (POC) with them under the following conditions:
- The portable oxygen concentrator (POC) is considered non-hazardous material and is included in the assistance items. It does not count towards the baggage limits on board, regardless of whether they are used on board or not. They must be the right size to fit under the seat or in the overhead compartment.
- Additionally, the user must ensure that the batteries carried in the POC on board the aircraft are protected from a possible short circuit, as well as to pack them in such a way as to prevent physical damage to the unit.
- When a POC is carried as carry-on baggage and is not used during the flight, the battery should be removed and packaged separately, unless the POC contains at least two guard mechanisms to prevent accidental operation of the device.
- To prevent accidental activation, for POCs that are transported as checked baggage, the batteries must be removed and placed in carry-on baggage. Such batteries should be adequately protected to avoid any short circuit.
If a passenger needs to use a POC on board, he or she must satisfy the following requirements before boarding the aircraft:
- The passenger must notify the airline that he or she will travel and/or use a POC on board the aircraft, for which he or she must present a medical certificate authorizing him/her to travel by aircraft, which must contain the full name, the professional credential, the address, telephone number and signature of the attending physician.
- The passenger traveling with a POC will not be able to be seated in an emergency exit row, in case of needing to use it in flight, they must notify the Flight Crew.
The concentrator must be carried by the passenger and presented to the Passenger Service Agent and Flight Crew when requested at any time during their trip. It will be the passenger's responsibility to ensure that they have enough batteries to power the POC during the flight, if required.
Take into account that our aircraft do not have electrical outlets to connect breathing apparatus on board, therefore, the passenger should verify the autonomy of the device, and if necessary, provide additional batteries, in case of deviations or delays.
YIs there an electrical outlet available on board to connect the breathing apparatus?
Can people with paralysis or without upper extremities travel without a companion?
- Help eating or taking medications
- Assistance in the toilets
- Any other assistance of a personal nature
Therefore, it is necessary to make sure that the person traveling alone satisfies all of the conditions necessary to travel by aircraft, without outside assistance.
You think you need two seats?
- Aircraft ATR-42, 17 inches = 43 cm. wide
- Aircraft ATR-72, 18 inches = 45 cm. wide
If the width of your waist is greater than these measures, we recommend reserving a second seat. In this manner, you will ensure that you travel with an empty seat next to you, for your comfort and safety. However, it is very important to advise you that the AEROMAR fleet is made up of ATR 42 and ATR 72 equipment, depending on the equipment in which they fly they may have folding armrests.
How does one make a reservation for 2 seats?
If the flight is full and you have not reserved a second seat, boarding may be denied for security reasons, if your size does not allow you to sit in one (1) single seat.
The check in process must be carried out at the airport counters. Web check-in is not available at the moment.
What are the requirements for transporting blood and its derivatives?
An original certificate must be presented with the full name, signature and professional certification of the doctor, or stamp of the institution that authorizes the transfer, as well as their telephone number (this last information is optional).
The passenger or his companion will be responsible at all times for carrying and protecting the container.
The specifications of the container for acceptance in the passenger cabin are the following:
- The container should be made of rigid material such as: metal, plastic or expanded polystyrene.
- It must not exceed the following dimensions: 15.75” x 11.81” x 7.09” (40 cm x 30 cm x 18 cm).
Maximum 10 units of blood per passenger will be accepted.